What were common attributes of these legendary cowboys? Here are a few:
1. They were never looking for trouble.
2. But when it came, they faced it with courage.
3. They were always on the side of right.
4. They defended good people against bad people.
5. They had high morals.
6. They had good manners.
7. They were honest.
8. They spoke their minds and they spoke the truth, regardless of what
people thought or "political correctness," which no one had ever heard
of back then.
9. They were a beacon of integrity in the wild, wild West.
10. They were respected. When they walked into a saloon (where they
usually drank only sarsaparilla), the place became quiet, and the bad
guys kept their distance.
11. If in a gunfight, they could outdraw anyone. If in a fist fight,
they could beat up anyone.
12. They always won. They always got their man. In victory, they rode
off into the sunset.
The pictures below are from the Covers of Louis L'Amour Novels.
They deplict the way of life in the Old West. The page is done in two
parts to reduce loading time for those with slow loading times.
Song is The Cowboys
Guns of the West
Indians of the West
Cowboys and Cattle Drives
Outlaws of the West
Gunfighters of the West
Laws of the West
More Western Links
Pictures of the Old West
Awards this Site has Won
Apply for an award
Web Competition Vote Page
Big J's Supporter's Page
Thanks and Gifts
TWF Outlaws and Heroes Awards
Our Disney Vacation
Visit Big J's 54th MP Det